Welcome to the Enhanced Horizons
Privacy and Cookies notice
Enhanced Horizons respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. Enhanced Horizons may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re up to date with any changes. If you should have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection is of a particularly high priority for the management of Enhanced Horizons (the Company).The use of the Internet pages managed by the Company is possible without any indication of personal data; however, processing of personal data could become necessary. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no statutory basis for such processing, we generally obtain consent from the data subject (site user).
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to the Company. By means of this data protection declaration, Enhanced Horizons would like to inform the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, data subjects are informed, by means of this data protection declaration, of the rights to which they are entitled.
As the controller, the Company has implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website. However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to transfer personal data to us via alternative means, e.g. by telephone.
By accessing Enhanced Horizons, you as the data subject agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, we ask you not to use or access the site.
Cookies are small text files placed on your machine to provide a better user experience. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently. On our site they improve performance, enhance security and ensure visual extras such as fonts and icons display correctly.
As a rule cookies make your browsing experience better. However if you prefer to disable them on this site and others, the most effective way is to disable cookies in your browser. Consult the Help section of your browser, search Google for “disable cookies” + the name of your browser or take a look at the About Cookies website
which offers guidance for all up-to-date browsers.
Should you, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website, by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies, this may result in not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
Inspiration section Terms and Conditions
ENHANCED HORIZONS will give the person requesting a session reduced cost using the supplied code for that individual Inspiration offer only. Offer is only available with the code and only relates to named offers. The session must be booked and paid for within the relevant month; the session must be taken by the latest date stated. The supplied codes will only available for use during the stated dates. The offer is not available for any other issues/requests or campaigns. Offer cannot be refunded.
If the person cancels their appointment for any reason, the offer will be voided unless the session can be rescheduled before the stated date. ENHANCED HORIZONS will accept multiple bookings if the code is referred by a business, however individuals from the business must book and pay for their session separately in line with the terms and conditions of the individual offer If you are a business, please contact us prior to booking. ENHANCED HORIZONS reserves the right to withdraw the Inspiration offers at any time and without notice. In such circumstances, all requests received at the point of withdrawal of the scheme will be honoured.
This privacy notice is divided into the following sections:
- Important information and who we are
- The data we collect about you
- How your personal data is collected
- How we use your personal data
- Disclosures of your personal data
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your legal rights
1. The data protection declaration
These terms and conditions are ruled by UK law. Any dispute related to the site or the activities carried out are only relevant within the jurisdiction of the English Court System, and the User/Client waives the right to any other available jurisdiction, if any.
The Company declaration is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our data protection declaration should be legible and understandable for the general public, as well as our customers and partners.
The interest of our business is in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests.
We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
Performance of Contract
means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into the contract
1.2 Third parties
Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
Purpose of this privacy notice
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Enhanced Horizons collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you instruct us.
The Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is: Enhanced Horizons.
As the controller Enhanced Horizons are responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Enhanced Horizons”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact Enhanced Horizons using the details set out below.
Our full details are –
Full name of legal entity
: Enhanced Horizons
: +44 7747 814 538
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact Enhanced Horizons in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
The data protection law in the UK changed on 25 May 2018. Although this privacy notice sets out most of your rights under the new laws, we may not yet be able to respond to some of your requests immediately (for example, a request for the transfer of your personal data).
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. We ask site users to review the privacy statement before using such social sharing buttons, use is at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
The websites managed by the Company collect a series of general data and information when a data subject or automated system calls up the website. This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Collected may be (1) the browser types and versions used, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (referrers), (4) the sub-websites, (5) the date and time of access to the Internet site, and length of visit, page views and navigation paths (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system, and (8) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using these general data and information, the Company does not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to (1) deliver the content of our website correctly, (2) optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement, (3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology, and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. Therefore, the Company analyses anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender. Interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers. Address, email address, phone number – in order to contact you regarding your session. Enhanced Horizons will mainly use the method you first used. If Enhanced Horizons cannot reach you, Enhanced Horizons will try a different method.
- Next of kin/ GP’s details If Enhanced Horizons was worried that you were at risk of harm to others or yourself then Enhanced Horizons may need to contact your next of kin or GP. Enhanced Horizons will let you know when/if Enhanced Horizons are going to do this.
- Session notes Enhanced Horizons keep brief anonymous notes of our session(s). This data is mainly stored as hard copy in a locked filing cabinet. Immediately after the work is finished, Enhanced Horizons transfer the data with your initials to password protected computer. Phone number(s) may be kept in a business mobile phone with your first name and last initial.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details and is managed by secure agency/paypal. Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details)
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services we have provided to you.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, services supplied to you, your interests, preferences, and feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data
about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
– You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, and email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you request marketing to be sent to you. Including information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts), information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
In case you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and processing of that information in accordance with this policy.
Automated technologies or interactions
Third parties or publicly available sources
– We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- (a) analytics providers;
- (b) advertising networks; and
- (c) search information providers
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
How is your information used?
- To contact you regarding queries raised in the contact form
- To confirm consent for working with Enhanced Horizons
- To progress an order you have submitted and send you information directly related to this
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- To notify you of changes to our services
We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for 7 years, after which time it will be deleted and shedded. Enhanced Horizons will delete your phone number 3 months after our work finishes. Unless you have opted in for mobile number and email address updates on workshops, newsletter or free downloads.
We may disclose your personal information: to the extent that we are required to do so by law; in connection with any on-going or prospective legal proceedings; in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We apply the following personal data control mechanisms:
- (a) Promotional offers from usWe will not sell or rent your information to third parties unless you have given consent.Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the company for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- (b) Third-party marketingWe will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes. We will provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
- (c) Opting outYou can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time.
- (e) Change of purposeWe will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact Enhanced Horizons.
- You have a choice to opt in or out to receive information from Enhanced Horizons by selecting the relevant boxes situated on the form which we collect information from you.
- Enhanced Horizons will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent.
- Enhanced Horizons will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted.
- You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting Enhanced Horizons.
- If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact Enhanced Horizons.
Links to other websites
- The website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations.
- We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access those using links from our website.
- In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
We may have to share your personal data for the purposes set out in paragraph 4 above with:
- Third Parties as set out above.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for 7 years for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. If you instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to: the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10); and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- Rights reserved you acknowledge that any data of any sort provided by Enhanced Horizons is for your personal use only. You acknowledge that you can download the content onto one computer hard drive. You acknowledge and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to copy, reproduce, transmit, distribute, print, exploit or create copy work of the content. You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the content shall remain vested in Enhanced Horizons
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which overrides your rights and freedoms.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Enhanced Horizons.
- You acknowledge and agree that, except for death or personal injury arising from our carelessness, we shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly in any way connected with the site or of your use of the content or any services through your use of the site including without limitation damage for loss of profits, loss of business, or any other consequential or financial loss.
- You shall not damage Enhanced Horizons in anyway whatsoever or use it for an unlawful purpose.
- You shall not post any computer viruses or any offensive material on Enhanced Horizons.
What we may need from you
We try to respond to form submissions within 48 hours. Occasionally it may take us longer than this; if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You can contact us via our website contact form
; by email email@example.com
; or by telephone, 07747 814538.